2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Saturday 8 December 2012

This world is not our home.

On Thursday we returned from our visit with the Russian Christian doctor. After a 90 minute checkup and analysis he gave us some good news. There appears to be some healing in certain areas but I was told again that other areas in the body are still very much affected by the cancer. I need to continue on my strict diet which is very difficult for me. He even took away some things I really enjoyed, that leaves me with even less things I enjoyed eating.

Did this news make me feel better? Yes, it did to some extent but I am coming more and more to the conclusion that I cannot put my trust in man, but only in God. He already knows the outcome. This Bible text came to mind; Psalm 91:2 I will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." I know that I will never and can never go wrong with trusting in God.

The CT and Bone scans that were planned for next week will not be happening. The pain in my left side is gone and I only have some discomfort from my spine. In consultation with the oncologist I am going to postpone these scans until the later part of January. I know that all these scans and nuclear medicine is not the best for my body and even after two months the effects of the chemo treatments are still very much present.

Contrary to what some people think, this world is not our home. At times we lay up treasures here on earth as if we are going to stay here forever; however every passing and funeral tells a completely different story. 1 John 2: 15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions is not from the Father but is from the world. 17 And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.
Thank you to those who encourage me to go on and for your prayers.
God be with you and bless you.
John

Hebrews 13:14 For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the city that is to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment