2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Thursday 9 June 2011

Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good,

For his steadfast love endures forever! Psalm 118:24.
Indeed the Lord is good to me. As I write this I have been one week without Chemotherapy.
What a difference one week makes without Chemo. My weight had dropped by 10 Lbs but I already have gained 5 Lbs back in one week. My appetite is back and food tastes so good again. My strength and energy is taking amazing jumps forward each day. My mouth, nose and feet no longer hurt.
Oh how I rejoice in all these blessings that I so often took for granted in the past. Each day is a new gift, a new blessing and a time to rejoice. Philippians 4: 4 says it so beautiful " Rejoice in the Lord always, again I say, Rejoice. "

Yesterday I had to see our Homeopath in Vancouver. It was a gorgeous day packed with sunshine outside and in our hearts. Henrietta and I spent some time at our favourite spot along the ocean, walked, talked and took in the beauty of our Creator and afterwards we went for dinner. How precious these times are to us. It truly is a time to rejoice in the Lord. The Christian can travel by day or night. We are not dependent on circumstances. God is leading us and He will travel the whole journey with us. He will not leave us in the middle and He will not forsake us toward the end. For this God is our God forever and ever, he will be our Guide even unto death. Psalm 48:14.

One week from today I will be back on Chemotherapy, I know what most likely will lie ahead in terms of side effects. Please pray with us that the side effects will not be there or less severe than before. Thank you again for your support in prayer and so many other ways.
We thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
John

Before I end this posting,  I want share with you a 5 minute video from Francis Chan.
In this short video Francis speaks about Living a Life that Matters -- 'Living Eternally'

Take time to be holy, let Him be your Guide;
And run not before Him, whatever betide.
In joy or in sorrow, still follow the Lord,
And, looking to Jesus, still trust in His Word.

2 comments:

  1. Dear John & Henrietta, thank you for the thoughts in your blog writing....they are food for the soul and a constant reminder of how we should all remember the temporal nature of earthly life and live accordingly - to His honor, by His grace. Praying that the Lord will continue to uphold you as you go through each day...with love, John, Jen and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so thrilled for you and those blessings! and thanks for the video. a real blessing. i posted it on FB. will continue to pray for God's blessings on you.

    ReplyDelete