2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Friday 2 September 2011

All who sail the sea of faith

Just a short posting to tell you that all is well, I am still gaining strength and each day is better than the last. The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end. Lord willing, on September 16, I will start Chemotherapy treatments again.  I am going to take a break from posting on my blog for a couple of weeks and hope to write again around the time I start my treatments again. Thank you for showing your care in so many different ways, a big thank you from my heart.
God be with you.
John

Friends emailed me this poem, I thought it be worthwhile to post it on my blog. They too experience Gods grace often in a very real way.

All who sail the sea of faith
Find out before too long
How quickly blue skies can grow dark
And gentle winds grow strong

Suddenly fear is like white water
Pounding on the soul
Still we sail on knowing
That our Lord is in control

Sometimes He calms the storm
With a whispered peace be still
He can settle any sea
But it doesn't mean He will

Sometimes He holds us close
And lets the wind and waves go wild
Sometimes He calms the storm
And other times He calms His child

He has a reason for each trial
That we pass through in life
And though we're shaken
We cannot be pulled apart from Christ

No matter how the driving rain beats down
On those who hold to faith
A heart of trust will always
Be a quiet peaceful place

Scott Krippayne

3 comments:

  1. John and Henrietta,

    I am always thinking of you.
    I am so sorry this past week we did not get together.
    I also start on the oral chemo again next week, back to business!

    I pray that the chemo works through out your body and you will have minimal to no side effects.

    Please let me know in a few weeks when you are back on a routine and feel like getting together and PLEASE you have been so kind to us, let us know if WE can help YOU.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful poem. it is a song as well, is it not? will be praying for u

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear John & Henrietta:

    Thanks again for keeping us updated on your circumstances. We cannot explain the mysteries of life, even as this seems like a long journey, but we continue to look and pray to our gracious Lord God for your complete recovery. And we know that He works all things for our good and He leads His dear children along in life:

    Some through the waters, some through the flood,
    Some through the fire, but all through the blood;
    Some through great sorrow, but God gives a song,
    In the night season and all the day long.

    May the Lord continue to be your strength and song as you witness and give your testimony to this truth.

    Don't ask me how to reason out
    the mysteries of life
    or how to face it's problems with a smile

    Don't ask me how to prove to you
    why I know God is there or
    how I know that He would care for you

    And don't ask me why someone so great
    would chose to walk with me and trade
    my broken life for one that's new

    I don't pretend to be so wise,
    I only know He touched my eyes
    and nothing else will ever be the same.

    May the joy of the Lord be ever in you
    and the blessing of His presence with you,

    is our prayer and thoughts for you all

    Love

    Gerrit & Connie

    ReplyDelete