2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Saturday 17 September 2011

Smooth seas do not make skilled sailors.

This African Proverb has a lot of truth in it. When we go through adversity, we can have a lot of questions. One of those questions could be, Lord why are my prayers taking so long to answer? Are we really to question God? The answer is no. Do we at times question God? The answer is yes. In fact, most Biblical characters that we hold in high esteem, at one time or another questioned God. Job is the classic example.

Jesus faced a man in Mark 9 who believed in Him, and His ability to heal his son. You remember the occasion in Mark 9:23 And Jesus said to him, "'If you can'! All things are possible for one who believes."24 Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, "I believe; help my unbelief!" 25 And when Jesus saw that a crowd came running together, he rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, "You mute and deaf spirit, I command you, come out of him and never enter him again."26 And after crying out and convulsing him terribly, it came out, and the boy was like a corpse, so that most of them said, "He is dead." 27 But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him up, and he arose.


At times I have to confess to God these words "I believe; help my unbelief!" I know and believe that God can heal me, yet at times satan can be so over powering when sowing the seed of unbelief in my heart. However when I look back at the last 5 ½ months I can only praise God for His mercy as in Psalm 150, Let everything that has breath praise the LORD! Praise the LORD! We serve an amazing God who heals bodies and souls.

God has given me an amazing recovery from my kidney surgery and I gained my weight back (and some). Yesterday, September 16, I started my Chemo Therapy treatments again. No, I am not looking forward to it because I know what lies ahead in regards to side effects. On the other hand I know that the Lord blessed these treatments far beyond expectation. Even the doctors had no explanation for it, however I do. My faith is in Christ, I look to Him for perfect and complete healing, knowing that He can do it.

With today’s modern technologies we are able to track many things. I can see the amount of people visiting this blog, the countries they are from and the comments that are made either on this blog or to me personally. I welcome each one and pray that God will be glorified through it all, and if I fail or if I am wrong don’t hesitate to correct me.
Wherever you are in the world, I want to ask you to attend church tomorrow. The Lord is waiting for you with open arms. Luke 13: 29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.

I look forward seeing you in church tomorrow.
John

 

2 comments:

  1. So good to have you back!!

    Will keep praying.

    Love Henry and Jenny

    ReplyDelete