2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Friday 10 August 2012

Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; for His steadfast love endures forever! Psalm 118:29

Indeed the Lord is good; I did experienced this again yesterday when visiting my Oncologist in Vancouver. Words really fell short when I was given very encouraging news that after using a new type of Chemotherapy that is still in its trial stages is showing a change in my condition.

As soon as the Oncologist entered the room he wasted no time to tell me the following:
No new cancer growth was found anywhere. The cancer in the lung tumor showed no increase in size. The cancer that was found on my spine and ribs showed that it was less dense and showed signs that it was in the process becoming less intense. The biggest change was the cancer that was found two months ago on the Adrenal gland, it had decreased by 50%. The Oncologist commented that he found the result to be very good.

With that I went home for a one or two week break from Chemo so my body can take a rest from the destructive power of Chemo. Destructive on cancer but also on the healthy parts, and that I can really feel. The last weeks have given me some difficult days with little appetite, nausea and being very fatigued.

I look forward to this break and hope to enjoy this time. I have questioned myself, would I have written the same text above this posting if the results would have been the opposite and had the cancer shown progression. I gave that much thought and came to the conclusion that I would have used the very same words from Psalm 118. The Lord is good, and yes I would have giving Him thanks also for the negative results. God has the whole world in His hands, including your and my life and every minute we exist. Whatever God does is good. Pray much that you and I can submit to the will of God, and then we can have true peace in our hearts, a peace that passes all understanding.

Philippians 4: 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
I want to thank you all for your continued prayers for me. So often I meet people at the most unexpected times and places that say, I want you to know we are praying for you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I recently read a devotion that included this verse that was written by Isaac Watts (1719) it touched my heart and it increased my hope, hope in Christ and his unfailing love for sinners.

Within Thy circling power I stand;
On every side I find Thy hand;
Awake, asleep, at home, abroad,
I am surrounded still with God.

May the Grace of our Lord be with you, now and forever.
John

6 comments:

  1. Foppe VanderZwaag10 August 2012 at 13:33

    Dear John. Thanks be to our great Physician, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I will continue to pray for you and yours. With Christian love, pastor V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cees van Breugel, The Netherlands10 August 2012 at 15:56

    Thanks brother and sister for sharing this news. The Lord is good, and He alone knows what's the best way for His beloved children. Connected in our oldest Brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear John, and Henrietta;

    Thanks be to God!

    We will continue to pray...

    So thankful, gives you courage to go on with the treatments, and trusting your Lord!

    Love Henry and Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news. Thanks be to God

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is wonderful news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ~thank you for all your great blogs and also your words of encouragement to us all ~~so thankful to hear such good news ~we will continue to pray for a total healing in your body !!may God continue to give you strength each and every day as you recup till your next treatment ~Blessings to you and your family ~Esther and Harry

    ReplyDelete