2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Friday 26 October 2012

Answered Prayer

The answer I prayed for came in an unexpected way. In the last weeks Chemo treatments have been much on my mind. As each week went by I felt a little weaker and a little more ill from the chemo treatments. Lately I was unable to take my 5th day treatments because I felt too ill. Several weeks ago the scan reports also showed increased cancer growth. The question often came to mind, do I stop with the treatments or continue on? We prayed for an answer and it came much quicker than I had expected.

On Tuesday I received a call from the Vancouver Cancer Centre they suggested that I get radiation treatments to ease the discomfort in my back and spine. However to get radiation treatments I have to stop Chemo treatments, apparently you can’t have both at the same time, at least not the kind I receive.

I asked them for advice and I was told that I should consider stopping the Chemo treatments. The treatments are not giving the desired results, they are making me ill and weak and the cancer continues to grow. My back is starting to bother me more each week, the discomfort is intensifying and in order to get some relief from that I really have no choice but to get radiation treatments.

On November 2, I hope to meet with the doctor for advice and to schedule the treatments, most likely for 5 consecutive days. The aim is to shrink the tumor on the spine and relieve me from discomfort. We are praying for positive results.

I was also told that after having tried three different types of Chemo treatments the options are running out. I should not have been surprised by this statement because I was told right from the beginning that there was no cure for my Kidney cancer, words I really did not want to hear, yet on the other hand it gives me relief that I no longer will have to take this quality of life altering drug.

You may think, so now what? To tell you the truth, I don’t know either, yet I have hope because I know that we serve a Great and Almighty God who can do remarkable miracles, I believe that with all my heart. The text from John 16 and other similar texts often come to mind” 23 In that day you will ask nothing of me. Truly, truly, I say to you, whatever you ask of the Father in my name, he will give it to you. 24 Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.
I pray that God will give me peace in my heart, even when humanly speaking there is no way out of this, God is Sovereign, His will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

I had a good week; I am starting to feel better now that I don’t receive Chemo treatments. Next time I will share a story with you, several days before I heard I had to stop Chemo treatments I met a young Christian man. It is because of this meeting that I will prayerfully start an alternative way of dealing with my cancer. I know that nothing happens by chance; neither was meeting this young man.

Next week will be a very busy week, seeing different doctors nearly every day. The medical provisions and help continue to be amazing. I am treated like a king.
Please continue to pray, God is listening, it’s His promise. Thank you for your love and care, and even for a delicious Apple Pie.

John 16:33 I (Jesus) have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.
God be with you
John
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Will continue to pray for you John. We serve an almighty God, and our trust is in Him!!

    Aloha, hope to see you in 2 weeks!

    Love Henry and Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear John~~thanks for your updates as it is so nice to know your prayer requests~~there is power in prayer as we so relate to that in our grandson Lukes life as well!! praying you will be pain free as you do radiation instead of chemo!!and that God will continue to give you peace as I see that in your blog !!Praying God will continue to give you strength day by day !!with our thoughts and prayers
    Esther and Harry

    ReplyDelete