2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Saturday 22 December 2012

Streams in the valley

As I walk through the valleys of life I cling to God and His promises. Those promises are; that He will be with me and I will not have to fear evil because His rod and staff will comfort in the times when the shadows of death appear. (Psalm 23) Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ even over death.

This week started with a visit to the hospital due to the continued pain in my left side. When X- rays revealed nothing a CT scan was made on Tuesday. The results were again different than what we had hoped and prayed for. It revealed that some areas like the adrenal showed a slight improvement of smaller size tumors but the tumors in both lungs showed an increase in size. The tumor in the spine showed an significant increase and is causing my vertebrae to deteriorate and be compressed, according to the doctor this is what causes the pain and discomfort.

As I was listening this week to some beautiful Christian music I was thinking about the message from the doctors I could not help but to let my tears flow. It was as if the bad news could not even penetrate my heart and mind but the glory and compassion of my Saviour Jesus Christ overwhelmed my heart with His love. I can only thank God for His great compassion over me. I always prayed that God would never take me suddenly from this life. He has given me that time for myself, my family and friends and maybe many more that I don’t know about. One day this text will be a reality, Isaiah 25:8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

As I walk through the valley of life I have also come to experience that in the valleys of life, as is the case in nature, is where the crystal clear streams flow, streams of God’s mercy, streams of water that yield fruit in its season, streams for thirsty souls and refreshing streams of God’s Grace. It is good to be able to quench ones thirst in these streams.

The following text speaks of Gods love and grace. Romans 8:38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I wish all the readers of my blog, family and friends Gods blessings to you and yours this Christmas season.  Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes , lying in a manger.13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying , 14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
John

JOHN NEWTON (1725- 1807) I dreamt that I was crossing a sea. It was narrow but very rough. After long struggling with winds and waves I entered a still and beautiful harbour. I landed, and meeting a man, I said, “What is the name of this port?” He replied, “The Harbour of Comfort.” “And what is that stormy sea which I have just crossed?” “The Bay of Care.” “I suppose this beautiful port can be reached sometimes without such trouble as I have had.” “Oh no; it is the will of the Master of the port that it shall be reached in no other way. Through much tribulation you must enter the kingdom.”

4 comments:

  1. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I pray that God may take away the pain and grant you have a very blessed Christmas with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying for you & your family. Praying God will take away your pain. Have a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear John,
    Thanks again for your spiritually encouraging post! Beautiful!! You remind me of a tree, though in the valley, yet privileged to be planted by these rivers of water, and bringing forth his fruit in his season. (Psalm 1)
    May you have a blessed Christmas that is anchored in the peace and love of Christ!

    You're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wondering, John, how things are going with you. I hope that you are living close to the (your) Lord. I am reminded of Psalm 139, where the psalmist says that nothing is hid from His face - He knows our very thoughts. Is this not then a comfort to know that as believers, and as His own children that He knows us and cares for us and will do that which is best for us, although we may not understand it. Oh, John, that you may experience the joy of your salvation (as you have often said yourself). Please remember that not a day passes that we do not think and pray for you. Love from Diane and I

    ReplyDelete