2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Monday 3 December 2012

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow

As I cling to Gods promises, I know that God can use extraordinary means to carry out his plan, often when we least expect it. This not only applies to healing but to everything in life. I see many of Gods means and blessings first hand; it strengthens our faith and trust in Jesus Christ.

We visited several doctors last week, again we again stood amazed at Gods Grace and blessings. Doors of opportunity continue to open for us to share the Gospel with those in the medical field. Our own family doctor, who is a Christian, encouraged us to continue to look to Christ for needs and healing. To be surrounded with caring people and Gods care in such special ways is an amazing experience.

I recently came across this writing; something we all need to take to heart;
Hebrews 18:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and forever.
1. There are only-three days that we need to concern ourselves with.
2. Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow.
3. Yesterday is gone and there is no need to fret about it because we cannot change it even if we tried to.
4. Tomorrow has not come, and may not come, so there is no reason to concern ourselves with it. Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. Proverbs 27:1
5. That only leaves one day and that is today: This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118 : 24.

Last week was a good week and God blessed us so much in many different ways. I felt good most of the time, with the exception of the pain in my left side and that I can’t stand very long in one place, walking is fine which we do daily. Because the discomfort is persisting my Oncologist thought it to be wise to do a CT and Bone Scan. I hope to get these scans on December 14 and on December 17 I will get the results of these scans. It appears that the radiation treatments have helped ease the discomfort in my spine somewhat. We continue to pray for healing and I know that many of you do the same and thank you for your prayers.

This week a quote from JC Ryle (1816-1900) really struck me, he said, this is the lesson that is taught us by the expressions used in Scripture about prayer. It is called, “crying, knocking, wrestling, laboring, and striving.” This is the lesson taught us by Scriptures examples. Jacob is one. He said to the angel at Penuel, “I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.”

On December 5, we again hope to travel to Portland, OR to see the doctor that put me on a very strict diet. It was a blessing to meet up with this Christian doctor and I look forward to seeing him again this week.
Often I feel so blessed, maybe it is hard for you to understand that I can feel that way in my condition, yet it really is that way. Last week I received an unsettling message that a cousin died at the age of 56 after only one night of falling ill. How good that God is, He still gives me more time with my loved ones and I still get time to do the things that are on my heart. Those are blessings beyond words.

Thank you so much again for your tokens of love and care.
John

Psalm 118: 29 Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; for His steadfast love endures forever!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment