2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Monday 8 July 2013

You shall see your children's children

Last week I focused much on Psalm 128, how could I not . A week ago we had all of our children and grandchildren come over for supper, something we do quite often, and they stay for the evening. We took the opportunity to take some pictures at the same time and I could not help but think about Psalm 128. Putting my own circumstances aside, each verse applied to me and I truly rejoiced in it. (Click on the picture to enlarge.)



Do you ever meditate on God’s Word and put your own circumstances aside? You will be surprised how it will lift you up and out of your present circumstances.

The weather has been absolutely beautiful the last weeks, giving me the opportunity to be outside a lot, go for short walks, and for longer walks with Henrietta when she takes me for walks in the wheelchair. I have found out that wheel chairs are a wonderful tool to get around. It is too bad that I can’t wheel myself around due to my right arm. It is showing increased signs of paralysis and the strength in this arm is virtually gone.



Last week Friday I did receive the CT scan as promised. On Wednesday I received a call from a Neurosurgeon in Vancouver for an appointment this coming Tuesday. I was amazed how quickly everything is moving forward. This Neurosurgeon will assess the situation and I expect that he will make a decision very quickly on a possible spinal surgery. Before this will happen I do have many questions. Today I heard from someone in the medical field that this Neurosurgeon is one of the best and normally would have a long waiting time to see him, for me it appears not to be so, God is again placing me in the front of the line.

I always thought that wheel chairs were for other people, last week I found out that it was for me too. Our church has one and I was offered to use it for as long as I need it. Lately I had a hard time going for longer walks, that is no longer a barrier. Henrietta will take over with the backup wheel chair, what a great blessing this is. I can still go places that before were unreachable. Again I see this as a great blessing from God.

Your prayers are deeply appreciated, please pray that our faith does not fail, but that our eyes will be on Christ at all times
John

When looking at the enclosed pictures this Psalm comes to mind.

Psalm 128
Blessed is everyone who fears the Lord, Who walks in His ways. 2 When you eat the labor of your hands, You shall be happy, and it shall be well with you. 3 Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine In the very heart of your house, Your children like olive plants All around your table. 4 Behold, thus shall the man be blessed who fears the Lord. 5 The Lord bless you out of Zion, And may you see the good of Jerusalem All the days of your life. 6 Yes, may you see your children's children. Peace be upon Israel!


No comments:

Post a Comment