2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Monday 21 March 2011

He leads me beside still waters.

Many people have asked what is happening, are you getting surgery? 
The answer is, no not yet. I have a tentative date for surgery of April 11, but before surgery other procedures have to be done. On Friday March 25, I hope to receive a lung biopsy at Surrey Memorial Hospital.
On April 4, I will be undergoing a lung capacity test. I hope to get a call any day from Vancouver General Hospital to get my PET scan. The  scan will determine if I will get surgery or not, this really depends if the cancer has spread to other organs.                                                                       
Henrietta and I had a good week, I went to work every day and I still feel good, eat and sleep well. The Lord is good, He has given us quiet hearts. As I wrote earlier the seas around me were tumultuous at times but that is no longer the case. Indeed God is leading us on quiet waters, Jesus is the Helmsman of our ship.
We continue to covet your prayers and thank all those who have sent cards, emails, called or visited us. Your care and friendship is much appreciated. The blog will be updated again when I receive more news.
John

2 comments:

  1. I was reading the words in an old hymnal and found a song I've never heard; it fits so well with our lives and with what you are going through.

    Not now, but in the coming years
    It may be in a better land
    We'll read the meaning of our tears
    And then, someday, we'll understand.

    We are praying constantly for you. Our prayer groups and Bible studies are lifting you up to our Almighty God too. Our God is MIGHTY TO SAVE!

    With love
    Steve and Marc

    ReplyDelete
  2. A BEND IN THE ROAD

    "Sometimes we come to life's crossroads
    And we view what we think is the end.
    But God has a much wider vision
    And He knows it's only a bend-

    The road will go on and get smoother
    And after we've stopped for a rest,
    The path that lies hidden beyond us
    Is often the path that is best.

    So rest and relax and grow stronger
    Let go and let God share your load
    And have faith in a brighter tomorrow-
    You've just come to a bend in the road."
    ~ Author: Helen Steiner Rice

    ReplyDelete