2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Saturday 26 March 2011

“For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Jesus)

Today is the day after my lung biopsy was taken and we awoke to a beautiful sunny day, another day of God’s Grace. Our devotion for today was on Matthew 11: 29-30 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." 
                                                                                                                                                                      
Our yokes are custom designed and made to fit each individual. God knows what we can carry and will never ask us to carry more than we can handle.  We know that God is carrying us as we are enrolled as students in God’s School, we learn of Him. Psalm 32:8 “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you. “ It is a great comfort to know that God keeps His eye on us, He never slumbers or sleeps.
I had planned to write last night but was unable to do so. I was amazed how this procedure took the wind out of my sails. The procedure that was done is called, Needle Biopsy of the lung, as I laid on my stomach the doctor inserted a long hollow needle through my back and into the lung aided by the CT scanner to reach the tumour. The doctor was successful in taking tissue samples, we now have to wait for about a week to get the results on what kind of cancer it is and at what stage it has progressed.
As I laid there waiting for my procedure I could not help but stand in awe of God’s creation. He created us in His image, so complex and detailed that it takes many very complex machines and highly educated doctors to figure out our human bodies, and even then, the human race is often stumped at the complexity of Creation. We serve a Great God.
Thanking you for continued prayers
John

2 comments:

  1. John and Henrietta. We are praying for you and hoping that our Creator whom you write of will heal you. However, if He chooses not to we pray that He will use your testimony for His glory.
    Nico

    ReplyDelete