2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Wednesday 11 May 2011

My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth. Ps 121:2

In the last couple of days everything is changing quickly. It has been 6 days ago since I started with Chemotherapy treatments. At first I was very optimistic that I would not feel the side effects of the Chemotherapy, however when day 4 and 5 came it started to make an impact on me, in a good and bad way.Several weeks before I started with Chemotherapy treatments I was often short of breath, even reading out loud was difficult, that has changed completely. I no longer have this shortness of breath and I see this and feel this as very positive and an answer to prayer. I already could feel the difference after 2 days. The negative is that since I started Chemo treatments I am drained from my energy, feel weak and nauseated and very tired. When I took my first Chemo pill I knew what the possible effects could be and even hesitated for a minute to swallow it, but I knew that it was the best thing I could do. I don’t know if I am able to keep working, today I started late and quit early because it had exhausted me.

What precious promises are written in Psalm 121. 1 I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? 2My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth. 3 He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. 4 Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. 5 The LORD is your keeper; the LORD is your shade on your right hand. 6The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. 7 The LORD will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. 8 The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.
When one does not feel good even reading is not a pleasant thing, at least not for me right now. How precious it is then to meditate on Psalms like this. Again I thank you so much for the emails, calls, cards and kind messages left on this blog. God be with you, till we meet again
John

2 comments:

  1. Lean HARD dear brother!!!

    We'll keep praying.

    Love Henry and Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear brother in the faith:

    Here are some lyrics to share with you in your special circumstances:


    I'm only human, I'm just a man.
    Help me believe in what I could be
    And all that I am.
    Show me the stairway, I have to climb.
    Lord for my sake, teach me to take
    One day at a time.

    Chorus:
    One day at a time sweet Jesus
    That's all I'm asking from you.
    Just give me the strength
    To do everyday what I have to do.
    Yesterday's gone sweet Jesus
    And tomorrow may never be mine.
    Lord help me today, show me the way
    One day at a time.

    Love
    Gerrit & Connie

    ReplyDelete