2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Saturday 7 May 2011

Who is this King of glory? The LORD, strong and mighty, the LORD, mighty in battle! Psalm 24:8

Today I was much encouraged by Gods word and ready to go to war. When we enter the battle with the banner of Jesus we will always be victorious, and so it will be.

Yesterday was a very special day when I informed all of the employees at work of my illness, and I can only tell you that God at this time did an amazing thing. He opened doors that were completely nailed shut. I had some employees coming into my office wondering how this could be. How can you be here at work, one said. How can you cope, what about if you die, you better go and make the best of life, don’t wait. So I said yes, I know what you mean, let me tell you that I am trying to make the best of life. So the conversations went from making fertilizer to the One who makes plants grow! Amazing Grace! Lord I pray that this will only be the beginning. I am amazed, truly amazed by Gods doings.

On Thursday afternoon we spent three hours at the cancer clinic between doctors, pharmacist, blood test and advice. When we walked out of the hospital I had a small vial in my hands with my name on it, and it said “Chemotherapy treatment”. I was advised not to handle the Chemotherapy pills with my bare hands and use disposable gloves because it can cause damage to the skin. I can only imagine what it does to my body. With the Chemotherapy treatments I will also be taking a Homeopathic remedy from a trusted source. Even the doctor acknowledged that it could not hurt to take Homeopathic remedies.
The waiting for treatment is over and our eyes are on Jesus Christ for healing. I know that God has given all these medical doctors wisdom but ultimately God is going to do the healing.

For the next 28 days I will be taking one Chemotherapy pill a day, then a 2 week break and again 28 days after that. Plans constantly change, the plan is now to do surgery at the end of the second treatment period, providing the Chemotherapy is suppressing the cancer.  Prayer, much prayer and faith is needed, because if we have faith we can even move mountains, these are the Lords own words in Matthew 17: 20 For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."

Friends, I ask you to continue with us in prayer to move a mountain, if it pleases God to heal me it would indeed be like moving a mountain, it would be against all odds and against what all the doctors are saying. The doctors even told us that Chemotherapy does not fight kidney cancer very well as it fights other cancers. I know and believe that by God all things are possible, even moving mountains. Recently God moved the whole country of Japan.
As we enter the battle we ask for your prayers I feel and know that many of you are praying for me. Thank you.
May God bless you richly.
John

Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus going on before.
Christ, the royal Master, leads against the foe;
Forward into battle see His banners go!
Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus going on before.

3 comments:

  1. Here is a man whose eyes are totally foccussed upon Jesus. John, you are a great encouragement for us and as one who has great faith in God. Continue to fight the good fight and run the race that is set before you with Jesus Christ as your Captain!
    love
    Bill and Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you! With God all things are possible...

    Mt 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
    Mr 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
    Mr 10:27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

    Keep looking up, we will too.

    Love Henry and Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. John (and Henrietta)- We have been praying for you both. The 'C' word is so horribly terrible, and comes with terrible things, but the immense beauty that can come from it is also AWESOME, in the truest sense of the word. May this difficult time also be a beautiful one for you. You may have the disease, but it does not have you...God has you. None of us know what the future holds, and that's why the verse "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet (with God as our Guide, we only need to see the next step we are taking), He is directing our path...Our neighour has terminal cancer, and our hearts are so very heavy for him, as he and his wife are not Chirstians. What a different story you are weaving. God bless you, and may you be blessed knowing that there are many out there praying for you. MPronkFamily

    ReplyDelete