2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Tuesday 17 January 2012

"Lord, have mercy on us, Son of David!"

That is what our continued prayer will be, especially after today’s visit with our oncologist. The news that I received today was not what I had hoped for, yet there is still much hope. We can read in the Bible that Jesus sometimes came too late when He was asked to heal, that is what we would think, the people in Bible times thought the same. Yet, Jesus never comes too late but always at the right time. When the ship is about to go down, Jesus calms the sea.

Lazarus had died, but Jesus came along and raised him from the dead. People with leprosy that were beyond human hope were healed, blind eyes that never had seen the daylight were made whole again, a man laying paralysed beside the healing waters of Siloam but unable to get in on time, then Jesus came along, spoke a few words and the man walked and leaped for joy. So the list goes on. I am one of those, unable to get healing from doctors, yet God can. I know He can, I believe He can and I pray that He will. My hope, my only hope is in Christ who did these great miracles and still does perform them today.

Today we received the results of the CT scan that was done last Friday. It showed little change from 5 weeks ago on the main tumour but it showed growth in the smaller cancer nodules that are in both lungs. They continue to grow at a slow rate, each time I have a CT scan it shows a slight increase. A constant small increase in growth eventually will amount to much growth.

The Oncologist suggested I switch to another Chemo therapy treatment because the present Chemo treatments are not giving the desired results and make me very sick. The Chemo that I will switch to will most likely be less effective by medical standards but God is in control and He can do great things, He does not even need Chemo treatments to heal, just two words will do. Be healed!!!
The type of Chemo treatments I will start now are suppose to make me less nauseated and I will be on this for 8 weeks straight without a break. I hope to start these treatments within days. It can cause other side effects and pneumonia like symptoms, fever, vomiting, appetite and weight loss and a host of others. I can’t worry about it now and will start again and pray that I will have none of the above.

I have recovered completely from my last round of Chemo and I gained back the 10 Lbs I lost. I feel very good and good enough to clear the double driveway from deep snow. God has given me much courage to go on and I am ready for the 6th round of Chemo.

Tomorrow I will be visiting the surgeon that removed my kidney and adrenal gland for a final check-up, weather permitting. For those who are from other parts of the country or world, we are receiving lots of snow with very cold temperatures. Winter has finally arrived, for now.

I hope to post my promised story later this week Lord willing. Please pray with us for complete healing. May God bless you all.

John

When we walk with the Lord
in the light of his word,
what a glory he sheds on our way!
While we do his good will,
he abides with us still,
and with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for there's no other way
to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.

Not a burden we bear,
not a sorrow we share,
but our toil he doth richly repay;
not a grief or a loss,
not a frown or a cross,
but is blest if we trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for there's no other way
to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.

But we never can prove
the delights of his love
until all on the altar we lay;
for the favor he shows,
for the joy he bestows,
are for them who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for there's no other way
to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.

Then in fellowship sweet
we will sit at his feet,
or we'll walk by his side in the way;
what he says we will do,
where he sends we will go;
never fear, only trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for there's no other way
to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.

2 comments:

  1. John and Henrietta
    You are in our prayers and our small group holds you in prayer also. Your continued testimony is praising God in the midst of your journey

    Steve & Marci

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~You are in our thoughts and prayers John as you continue treatment ~~knowing God is in control and also knowing He will never leave us or forsake us is such a firm foundation !!Praying also for some relief for you as you are changing the type of Chemo~~that the side efects would be minimal!may God give you peace as you continue on!Esther and Harry

    ReplyDelete