2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Friday 24 February 2012

But the word of God will stand forever.

Today’s blog entry is a little different than usual, most often it is centered around me, although I try to focus on the Grace of Christ rather than myself. I thank the Lord with all my heart that I am doing and feeling very well.

Having said that, I want to take you to a blog of a brother in the Lord who is suffering greatly from ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease.

Jack Westerink and I live some 4000 KM apart, Jack in Ontario and I in British Columbia. We have a lot in common as we are the same age, we were diagnosed around the same time last year with diseases that humanly speaking will take our lives, Jack with ALS and myself with cancer. We are both married the same amount of years, we both served as elders in our own churches and we both laid down this task around the same time due to our illness.

I follow Jack’s blog on a regular basis and have noticed that Jack is suffering much lately. Jack is a man who speaks much of God’s Grace in his life. I hope his blog will encourage you as much as it does me. I am saddened by the fact that humanly speaking Jack will soon be leaving his family but gladdened by the fact that his future is secure with Christ.

The reason for my posting is to ask you to pray for Jack and his wife Lena, that Jack will receive the grace to submit to God’s will and for Lena, that God will give her the strength to go through this deep trial while caring for Jack.

Please leave Jack an encouraging message on his blog and remember Jack and Lena in your prayers. You can visit Jack’s blog here
May God be with you and bless you.

John

My Jesus, I love Thee, I know Thou art mine;
For Thee all the follies of sin I resign;
My gracious Redeemer, my Savior art Thou;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.

I love Thee because Thou hast first loved me,
And purchased my pardon on Calvary’s tree;
I love Thee for wearing the thorns on Thy brow;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.

I’ll love Thee in life, I will love Thee in death,
And praise Thee as long as Thou lendest me breath;
And say when the death dew lies cold on my brow,
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.

In mansions of glory and endless delight,
I’ll ever adore Thee in heaven so bright;
I’ll sing with the glittering crown on my brow,
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.

William R. Featherston.

1 comment:

  1. It brings tears to my eyes to read about someone who cares about and prays for my dad, even though you have never met.
    Thank you for this kind post.
    Sarah (Jack's daughter)

    ReplyDelete