2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Wednesday 8 February 2012

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven

These words are in Ecclesiastes 3:1. As mentioned in my last post I am taking a break for 4-6 weeks from Chemo treatments. It feels good, we are at peace with the decision, this gives time for my body to heal. I am feeling better every day. Henrietta and I are again going for long walks, bicycle rides and doing every day duties.

We have also decided today to take a week of vacation to the sunny and warm Mayan Riviera starting tomorrow February 9. I believe it will do us both a lot of good to relax and get away from doctors and treatments and enjoy a different pace of life. It will be good for us mentally too, just to be together and leave our daily commitments behind for a week.

Life is good; the Lord is good and is blessing us day by day with amazing blessings. We want to thank our children for their love, care and help in many different ways. You all are a great blessing and inspiration in our lives. Thank you for being there for us. We love you.
We are smiling. Greetings and may God bless you all.

John



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear John & Henrietta:

    Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you as God is walking you through this trial. As He has promised to be our Good Shepherd and He proves to you to be true to His promise.

    The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

    He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

    He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.

    Yea, though I awalk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.


    It has been said that the worst day for an atheist is the day he feels really thankful to be alive but has no one to thank. On the other hand, the best day for a believer is the day he is tempted to worry about the present or the future but remembers he worships a God who knows his every need.

    In Jesus' most extended speech on the subject of worry in Matthew 6, He connects the futility of worry with one true fact: the existence of a loving, generous God. If God exists and takes care of creation, which includes you, that means He knows your needs. And if He is loving, as He proves Himself to be in caring for creation, then He will meet your needs. Faith is a statement of belief in God's existence and character as you find it so in your own experience.

    Psalm 54:4
    Surely God is my help;
    the Lord is the one who sustains me.

    Psalm 56:3,4
    When I am afraid, I put my trust in You.
    In God, whose word I praise—
    in God I trust and am not afraid.


    Faithful One, so unchanging
    Ageless One, You’re my rock of peace
    Lord of all I depend on You
    I call out to You, again and again
    I call out to You, again and again

    You are my rock in times of trouble
    You lift me up when I fall down
    All through the storm
    Your love is, the anchor
    My hope is in You alone

    Wishing you continued joy in the Lord in the journey of life, health and strength for each day as you walk with Him.

    Praying for your recovery,

    love

    Gerrit & Connie

    ReplyDelete