2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Tuesday 29 May 2012

For My thoughts are not your thoughts.........

Today it is the day before I am getting my CT scan results. This morning’s personal devotion led me to read Isaiah 55: 4-13 but especially the verses 8-9 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

I am not looking up against tomorrow, actually the opposite is true, yet I wonder what the results will be this time. Am I going to be back on Chemotherapy or has God stopped the cancer or taken it away completely? Tomorrow I will know.
 
My thoughts are often ahead of Gods dealing with me and I think of the time when God will completely heal me or stop the cancer. My thoughts then multiply of the work that I feel God wants me to do and I come to the text in Luke 9:23 If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily , and follow me. These words from Jesus can speak so powerful in my heart and I wonder what it all means for me personally, taking up His cross daily. All these questions can come to mind and I can only lay them before God in prayer and ask if I can patiently follow Him, no matter what life brings. Patience and Faith, I need so much of it and I feel at times that I fall short of both. This song comes to mind:
 
’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”
 
Refrain:
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!
 
Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
And in simple faith to plunge me
’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!
 
Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.
 
I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.
 
I just needed to write this for today and plan to write again tomorrow or the day after with the results. In the meantime we continue to pray for healing, Oh, for grace to trust Him more!
John

No comments:

Post a Comment