2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Saturday 17 November 2012

Gods measurements

In Isaiah 40:12 we read that God measures everything, “Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand and marked off the heavens with a span, enclosed the dust of the earth in a measure and weighed the mountains in scales and the hills in a balance “

Just sit back and think about that, He measures the oceans in the hollow of His hand and measures the dust and weighs the mountains. I find that amazing. God does all these things to the very things He created and He does the same to people. I am personally experiencing that day after day, God measured up my shoulders before He laid on me this load of cancer. He knows how much I can carry, and I can honestly tell you that when scripture tell us in Matthew 11: 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." I am also experiencing that too. There are people that have asked me how I am dealing with this difficult journey of cancer, at times I feel that those that ask are more burdened with it than me. I often tell folks, at times it may be difficult but it is bearable because the Great Burden bearer Jesus Christ is helping me to carry my load and that is why my yoke is easy and burden is light. How I thank God for this time and again. From a worldly perspective the future looks grim, from an Eternal perspective it is nothing but gain. If there was ever anyone that experienced that Gods yoke is easy, and His burden is light it was Paul. He suffered a great deal in his life for the sake of the Gospel and Jesus Christ, he spoke these profound words from his prison cell in Philippians 1:21 “For to me, to live is Christ--and to die is gain!"

This does not mean that I am not praying for healing, I am praying for that often and I pray that God will give me more time here with my loved ones. This week I celebrated my 59th birthday and find myself too young to die, that too I place into Gods Almighty and capable hands. He knows what is best, He already knows the outcome and that is wherein I can rest.

Before Jesus spoke the words "For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." He said in verse 28 "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”

Dear friend, have you personally surrendered to Jesus? You too can place your burdens on this same Jesus. Your burden of sin, worldly care burdens, family burdens, financial burdens and personal burdens can all be brought to Jesus. Confess your sins, believe on Him, place your trust in Jesus and He will be your Comforter for this life and all Eternity. This is Gods promise, Psalm 9:10 And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

This week was good but my back is starting to give me more discomfort and I have decided to go for radiation treatments early next week to hopefully shrink the tumor on my spine and deal with the discomfort. Standing up for a longer period is becoming difficult, but sitting or lying down is not a problem. Please pray that these treatments will help, pray for healing and a peaceful heart and that my faith will not fail. Thank you for your cares and the huge amount of birthday and well wishes this week. Thank you, I pray that God may bless you abundantly in this life.

Abiding in Christ.
John

STEPHEN CHARNOCK (1628-1680): Prayer is nothing else but a pleading on God’s promises.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you. Great message, great singing, our great God.
    Jan, Scotland.

    ReplyDelete