2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Saturday 3 November 2012

The Love of Christ

Romans 8
35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 36 As it is written, "For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered." 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. How comforting to know that you may rest in the calm, sweet assurance of God's love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DO NOT KNOW

    I do not know what next may come
    Across my pilgrim way;
    I do not know tomorrow's road,
    Nor see beyond today.
    But this I know: my Savior knows
    The path I cannot see,
    And I can trust His wounded hand
    To guide and care for me.
    I do not know what may befall
    Of sunshine or of rain:
    I do not know what may be mine
    Of pleasure or of pain.
    But this I know: my Savior knows
    And whatsoe'er it be,
    Still I can trust His love to give
    What will be best for me.
    I do not know what still awaits
    Or what the future brings;
    But with the glad salute of faith
    I hail its opening wings!
    For this I know: that in my Lord
    Shall all my needs be met,
    And I can trust the heart of Him
    Who has not failed me yet.
    ----Author unknown
    Praying for you and your family.
    Marty & Adeline

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~It was sooo nice to run into you and Henrietta~~as we read your blog all the time and yet to see you and hug you was so peaceful!! Just knowing you have a "peace that passes all understanding!"Praying for strength and courage for you each day ~~ God Bless you as you continue your journey ~you are an inspiration to us ~~Esther and Harry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear John and Henrietta!

    God of our life, through all the circling years,
    We trust in Thee;
    In all the past, through all our hopes and fears,
    Thy hand we see.
    With each new day, when morning lifts the veil,
    We own Thy mercies, Lord, which never fail.

    God of the past, our times are in Thy hand;
    With us abide.
    Lead us by faith to hope’s true promised land;
    Be Thou our Guide.
    With Thee to bless, the darkness shines as light,
    And faith’s fair vision changes into sight.

    God of the coming years, through paths unknown
    We follow Thee;
    When we are strong, Lord, leave us not alone;
    Our Refuge be.
    Be Thou for us in life our daily Bread,
    Our heart’s true Home when all our years have sped.


    Love Henry and Jenny

    ReplyDelete