2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Saturday 15 June 2013

"Fear Not"

God seems to always prepare us for what lies ahead. This week was to be a more relaxed at home
type of week.  The last radiation treatment was Monday for the pelvic/femur. On Wednesday morning John became very ill with flu like symptoms.  He continued to be ill into Thursday because
of this he ended up in the hospital for what we thought would be some hydration and back home again. As John was taken in by ambulance I sat down to just read my devotion and these words just
gave me so much comfort.  "Be brave and fear not. Advance in God's strength." God knew my heart and thoughts.  John would not come home he was admitted to the hospital.  After a CT scan and further testing it was determined that John had C-dif. So into isolation he went. So consequently he
is still in the hospital tonight therefore no blog posting from John. I thought well then it's my responsibility to post. We are hoping and praying that John will come back home tomorrow just in time to celebrate Father's Day at home. For our children Father's Day has a whole new meaning cherishing what we still have and feeling blessed. We are thankful for the time given to us and cherish each day.  It is such a blessing to hear and see the grandchildren praying for their Papa, fighting back tears and saying "Oh I have itchy eyes." The very little ones seeing me and then asking "Papa"  as if to say where did he go. Grandchildren what a blessing and support. Each grandchild has their own way of dealing with Papa's illness and we sometimes wonder what goes on in their thoughts. The few words they say tell a story. 

So we go forward each day trusting our heavenly Father to provide for every need.  Thanking Him for all His provisions.  I want to wish all the Fathers a Happy Father's Day and may you have a blessed day with your families.  Cherish each day as a gift from God.

Day by Day and with each passing moment,
Strength I find to meet my trials here;
Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment,
I've no cause for worry or for fear.
He whose heart is kind beyond all measure
Gives unto each day what He deems best
Lovingly, its part of pain and pleasure,
Mingling toil with peace and rest.

Wishing you all a blessed Lord's Day.
Henrietta

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and praying for you.

    "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying John will be home soon!!
    love,
    Les & Jackie

    ReplyDelete