2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Saturday 29 June 2013

The Great Physician

I can honestly say that not a day goes by lately that I am receiving a call, email or response from someone in the medical field. It feels like I am the only one that has cancer in Canada. However, when entering the hospital or BC Cancer Agency I watch a steady stream of people coming and going who struggle with this dreadful disease. Still I have the feeling and actually believe that I am being singled out for that extra touch of care. We thank the Lord for this daily and feel His constant care over us.

My condition is changing almost daily and I can feel that the cancer in the spine is advancing neurologically. My right arm is losing strength quickly and using it is becoming very difficult. I am blessed that I write with my left hand, there is little feeling and acurate movement left in my right arm. Typing and the use of a computer mouse is becoming more difficult and I keep hitting the wrong keys. In the last days walking is also more difficult, I don’t know what the cause is, muscular or neurological, whatever it is I am staying closer and closer to home when it comes to walking around.

This week I had another visit with the radiation Oncologist, a female doctor with a huge heart that cares deeply about my condition. This Friday I received another CT Scan for my spine and now this Oncologist is speaking to other doctors about possible spinal surgery to release pressure on the spine in order to slow the signs of paralysis coming from inside the spinal column. No doubt a very delicate procedure.

My other Oncologist in Vancouver, who is on a Sabbatical leave but continues to work during his leave on my case is trying to get a new Chemo drug approval for me.

When I see this all I stand amazed. It is not me asking for all these remedies and drugs but the doctors and all other medical staff that go far beyond the call of duty to get me the treatments that they feel I need. I thank the Lord, the great Physician often for His care over me. God is giving in abundance day by day.

This same Great Physician, Jesus Himself speaks in Mark 2:16-17 And when the scribes and Pharisees saw Him eating with the tax collectors and sinners, they said to His disciples, "How is it that He eats and drinks with tax collectors and sinners?" 17 When Jesus heard it, He said to them, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."

How is your Spiritual health condition? You may not have cancer or some kind of other disease that needs to be treated but how is the Spiritual health of your  heart and soul? Has it been healed by Jesus Christ Himself? Have you repented from your sick sin condition that we all have from the day we were born? We can be healed and forgiven by this same Great Physician, Jesus Christ that heals dreadful diseases.

The answer is in the Bible, John 3 speaks of it clearly: 16 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. 18 He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Remember, God's Grace is sufficient for you. Surrender to Him today. God bless you all and may you be a blessing to all those around you. Thank you again for the cards, and  the many ways you show your care.
John.

All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.

I surrender all,
I surrender all.
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.

All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.

All to Jesus I surrender,
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel Thy Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.

All to Jesus I surrender,
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.

All to Jesus I surrender,
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!

1 comment: