2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Saturday 2 April 2011

Waiting.....................

Psalm 27:14 Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!

I am often encouraged by the things that are taking place, however waiting is not my strongest point. Even waiting for a business appointment that is late can be a challenge for me. Waiting for results is testing my patience and all I can do is ask God to apply the above Bible text in my life. Waiting upon the Lord !

As I am waiting, people are asking me, have you heard anything already, any results? So far the answer is, no nothing yet. It has been a week since I had my lung biopsy and the results should be coming in any day now.
I am also still waiting for the PET scan, that could happen anyday, at least before April 11, that is when a possible surgery will take place, again depending on the outcome of the PET scan.

The things that I am encouraged by is this. Not a day goes by that I come in contact with someone I know, in the store, through work, business contacts, on the phone or otherwise. They ask me how things are going, time and again I tell them a little about myself and a lot about God.

As you read this blog I feel compelled to ask you a few questions. I suggest you not answer me but bring these questions to God next time you are praying.
  • If your life would be taken from you today, where are you going to spend Eternity?
  • Have you repented of your sins and believed on the Lord Jesus Christ?
As I write this song comes to mind. If you know of God's Grace in your life you can say AMEN to this song.
If you have not experienced God's Grace and forgiveness of sin than read this song carefully. Jesus is waiting for you.           

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we've first begun.
(John Newton)

On Monday I hope to go for a lung capacity test. Once I receive more news I will write more.
In the meantime, have a blessed Sunday, where ever you may worship I pray that you will be blessed.
If you had not planned to worship tomorrow I earnestly suggest you do, you have nothing to loose and everthing to gain.
Thank you for your prayers and care.
May God bless you richly.

John

PS. Recently we had new family pictures taken. I want to share with you those who are very close to my heart.


                         Our children.Top left to right, Tamara, Sophia, Stephanie. Bottom left to right, Jeremy, Henrietta, John, Jeff.

Here you see the result after our children got married


4 comments:

  1. Dear John & Henrietta,
    God bless and strengthen you as you wait. He is so honoured and glorified when you use this situation to witness of Him to others. God bless you for reaching out to others with the message of salvation in the midst of a time that is so challenging for you.
    Love Robert & Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures, thanks so much for sharing! God is good...Lord give us eyes to see it. You're in our thoughts and prayers, as you wait.

    Love Henry and Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you guys!! We are praying like crazy for you all- I can't believe that just a few months ago you were both sitting in our living room, graciously eating my novice cinnamon buns- talking missions, trying to wrap our heads around WHY in the world things weren't moving forward- we were so puzzled. Now it makes sense!! We are praying for healing, our God is able and GREAT! I love the beautiful witness that you are in a time like this. You inspire me beyond words, and are an amazing example to us. May He continue to uphold you, how wonderful that you are feeling great physically. We are keeping posted, MUCH love and prayers.... Lia and Nico Kattenberg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous family! Thinking of you all, praying for a miracle.

    ReplyDelete