2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Thursday 7 April 2011

Patience is a virtue...

 Romans 12:12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
  1. Rejoice in hope, and yes I can rejoice in hope, my hope is in Jesus Christ
  2. Be patient in tribulation, this is where I run stuck at times because I would like to have the results from my tests.  I have to pray that God will give me patience.
  3. Be constant in prayer, I feel guilty sometimes when work takes over and duty of work calls and prayer takes second place. However, there are days like today when the sun shines and I check crops in farmers fields and I wander alone with God. I treasure those times.
 I finally have an appointment to receive my PET scan on April 13, a few days later than planned. On April 21, I have an appointment with Dr. James Bond to receive all the results from the lung biopsy, the lung capacity test and the PET scan. It is going to be a day where I will basically receive all the test results that have been compiled over the last month.

I hope and pray that surgery is still possible but will not find out until April 21. I have to say that being diagnosed with cancer also brings with it countless blessings.
We pray that God will bless and use it abundantly.
Please continue to pray for us, again we want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your prayers, cards and well wishes from many different places.
John

No comments:

Post a Comment