2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Friday 25 November 2011

“It is more blessed to give than to receive.”

In Acts 20:35 we can read these words of Jesus Himself. This week I experienced this personally, that indeed, “It is more blessed to give than to receive.”, however this time I was on the receiving end.

God has been so good to Henrietta and me this week. As I write this, it is exactly a week ago that I was in the hospital to receive an IV to settle down my body of the ravaging effects of Chemo therapy treatments. Oh, how sick I felt. Now one week later I feel like new again. I eat well, gained back my lost weight, we go for bike rides or walks and I feel like living again. What a great blessing we are enjoying together.

I was also on the receiving end when a group of Godly friends organized an evening of prayer and came to our home to pray for me, it could not have come at a better time. As these men carried our burdens to Christ it was as if He lifted me up, gave me renewed courage and strength. God is so merciful and full of compassion.

It is going remarkably well. Saturday we hope to visit with the medical person from the BC Cancer Clinic whom we met at the hospital. This compassionate man is going to tell us how God took him from the Muslim faith to Christ when he still lived in Iraq and he will tell us how to share the Gospel with Muslims. We are looking forward to meet him and his wife to hear about another of Gods miracles how he transforms lives from dead to LIFE.

On November 30, I hope to go for a CT scan and on December 5 I will get the results from the Oncologist. On that day we are going to hear what God is doing, no we are not anxious but often have much peace in our hearts, a peace that passes all understanding, as it is written in Philippians 4:7

Thank you for praying for me and for all the good wishes.                                              
May God bless you and keep you.
In His care.
John

A friend shared a beautiful poem on this blog, I want to share it with you and hope you also receive comfort from it. Thanks Gerrit.

 You have faced the mountains of desperation
You have climbed, you have fought, you have won
But this valley that lies coldly before you
Casts a shadow you cannot overcome

And just when you thought you had it all together
You knew every verse to get you through
But this time the sorrow broke more than just your heart
And reciting all those verses just won't do

When answers aren't enough, there is Jesus
He is more than just an answer to your prayer
And your heart will find a safe and peaceful refuge
When answers aren't enough, He is there

Instead of asking why did it happen
Think of where it can lead you from here
And as your pain is slowly easing, you can find a greater reason
To live your life triumphant through the tears

When answers aren't enough, there's still Jesus
He is more than just an answer to your prayer
And your heart will find a safe and peaceful refuge
When answers aren't enough, He is there

Scott Wesley Brown

2 comments:

  1. especially love the last two verses. thanks for sharing. continuing to pray for u. God be praise for your feeling on the up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. John and Henrietta
    Thank you for your testimony. God is true and faithful. You are prayed for daily.

    Steve & Marci

    ReplyDelete