2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Monday 14 November 2011

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

God’s Grace is indeed amazing. In the last week I had some difficult days due to the chemo treatments. It usually doesn’t make for a good day when the first thing I do is vomit. It is in those days that others come along side for encouragement.

I suppose many of you may have read the book by John Bunyan titled “Pilgrims Progress”. I have read it many times and each time I find it an amazing book. The main character in this book is Christian, a man that leaves his home to follow the call of following Christ and travels through life on his way to the Celestial City (Heaven). His journey is difficult and many a time he falls into sin, temptations or is led astray by Satan. The beauty about this story is that when Christian is faced with trials someone always comes along side him to guide him on the right path or to encourage him to go on his way to the Celestial City.

 I find myself at times stumbling along the same way Christian did. I see so many imperfections and shortcomings in my own life, yet when times are difficult and I get bogged down somebody comes along side to encourage me as I travel life’s path. This last week I received an email from a friend on the other side of the country. He said, I listened to this message today and thought about you. Please listen to it here. I pray that it will encourage you too. Thank you Albert.

This is just one example. Many of you have done so personally or by sending cards, messages on this blog or email. I deeply appreciate your love and care. It is one of the ways God lifts me up and over the circumstances.

 There are times I rejoice, times I shed some tears and there are times of thankfulness to God for all His blessings. Life has its challenges and the truth is I cannot get right with God on my own. I can only be right with God by receiving His gracious offer of forgiveness made possible by the blood of Jesus shed on the cross for me and you.

When the Lord said to Paul in 2 Cor.12:9  , “My grace is sufficient for you for my power is made perfect in weakness” he is saying “since you cannot come to me without sin on your own, I will come to you and make you complete, you will be spotless and pure because of my Grace. My power to save and forgive is made complete in your weakness.” Praise the Lord. When I am weak and not able to come to Him, God comes to me and offers forgiveness and healing. I thank God for His amazing grace that is sufficient.

On November 30, I will receive another CT scan to determine if the Chemo treatments were successful. On December 5, I hope to get the results from my Oncologist. We continue to pray for complete healing, please join us in the same. I am sorry for not posting sooner, when I don’t feel good I don’t have the energy to write.

Gods blessings to you,
John



2 comments:

  1. Hey John,
    That was a good message for you to know that God will take care of you. I am glad to hear that you have a firm hope in Him. Do not try to worry too much about your circumstances, like we heard, 'talk to me in 1000 yrs.' After all, what could be better. God's will be done, for Jesus sake, Amen. love Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a lovely video and such truth in it. What a loving Father we have. Someone told me something yesterday. That God never promised us perfect happiness in this world. Everyone is on a quest to find it. And our world goes through a lot of pain in trying. As Christians we have the wonderful promise, of a that perfect happy life, through Christ. And Heaven is a place where that will take place. So this advise helped me refocus and focus on Him! and then life makes sense again. After all it is about living for Him and His Glory. Not for our selves and every thing that goes on around us. Although we are blessed to experience beauty here too :) My prayers are with you and your family. And I pray that God will use you to reach many too. It can be so hard to get through to people. And in your life right now you may be able to reach them better. Your blog is rich and full of truth... thank you so much for the time you spend on it. It is so good to stay focused in life. God Bless You and your family. I pray for healing for you, and strength and comfort from God, for the trials you are going through. Kind Regards, Rachel Vanderknyff and family.

    ReplyDelete