2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Saturday 23 March 2013

A Future and a Hope.

While I have many reasons to rejoice and be happy, I find that joy is not part of me this week. I think it is partly due to my circumstances because at times I can feel that my health and vigor is slowly slipping. I feel more tired at times and the willpower and energy is not what it used to be. Life is good, however, the daily cares of cancer sometimes make me sad when I look at the circumstances, especially when my body gives me discomfort. Sometimes I compare it to sliding down a pipe, if you have the strength and you squeeze hard you can stop yourself, if someone puts oil on the pipe it is impossible to stop, that is what it feels like, a sliding down without being able to stop. We are powerless but God can give the Grace for me to let go. It has been said" for every look to self we need to look ten times to Christ"

I know I need to look beyond all my daily cares to the future as in Jeremiah 29: 11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

It has been five months ago that I had my last Chemo treatment. Considering that, God has blessed me a great deal by giving me life. Recently, I have heard about several people that were diagnosed with Kidney cancer and died only months later. How easy it is to overlook God’s blessings. Psalm 90 says it beautifully “so teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom”

The wait for more treatments does not help the fact either, I think. I was told this week by BC Cancer Research that it could be another month before anything will happen in terms of more Chemo treatment. It is because it is a new Chemo treatment that needs to pass many regulations and tests before any patient will receive a newly invented drug. So the wait goes on. Yet on the other hand I really look up against it to receive more Chemo treatments of any sort because I know what side effects can be. These thoughts and experiences are being tossed around in my head.

Yet I know through it all that I am not walking alone on this road of cancer. It brought me back to an article from John Piper that I posted a long time ago titled “Don’t waste your cancer”. Even if you don’t have cancer it is worthwhile reading or if you suffer from another serious decease. It really applies to everybody.

Again I want to thank you for your prayers and the many different ways of showing your care.
God be with you and bless you.
John

In adversity we usually want God to do a removing job when He wants to do an improving job.
Author Unknown


 

1 comment:

  1. Dear John and Henrietta: I just want to share this verse with you "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matt 11:28.

    "When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
    When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
    When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
    Our Father’s full giving is only begun."
    (He Giveth More Grace by Annie Flint).

    Annie Flint, the author of "He Giveth More Grace" and "What God has Promised", has a facinating story -- http://www.preceptaustin.org/annie_johnson_flint%27s_biography.htm

    Praying that the coming week might be fore restful -- physically and peritually.

    Blessings
    Jody Terpstra

    ReplyDelete