2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Tuesday 27 March 2012

Lord, teach us to pray.

D. L. MOODY (1837-1899): I had often said that I had rather be able to pray like Daniel than preach like Gabriel. What we want is men that know how to pray, who know how to call down fire from heaven…I tell you, friends, some people’s prayers need to be cut at both ends and set fire to in the middle.

When it comes to prayer there is much to learn, that is why the disciples asked Jesus, Teach us to pray, Luke 11:1
The more I read about prayer the more I learn about prayer. Go here and read under the heading "prayer", what these Godly preachers of the Word had to say about prayer. It will teach you and me much more about prayer.
John

Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer!
That calls me from a world of care,
And bids me at my Father's throne
Make all my wants and wishes known.
In seasons of distress and grief,
My soul has often found relief,
And oft escaped the tempter's snare
By thy return, sweet hour of prayer!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment