2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Friday 9 March 2012

Thanksgiving Day in March

Yesterday was a big Thanksgiving Day full of blessings. God blessed us not only with a new born granddaughter as you can read in the previous posting but also with answers to prayer.

Our visit with our Oncologist started with him explaining the options we have and then stating his plan to continue on with Chemo treatments at 50% strength. At that point I told him that I wished to not go that route at this time due to getting very sick each time. I also shared with him that I serve a great God who does great miracles and that He can heal without Chemo treatments and that we are fervently praying for healing. He intently listened when I spoke about God. I need to tell you that my Oncologist is not a Christian and that I have shared the Gospel with him before and some time ago gave him a DVD with a powerful testimony from a Christian. After giving him my reasons and telling him that my trust is in Christ and not in Chemo he readily agreed to my request for a CT scan to be taken to see what is happening inside my body. I also requested to see another Oncologist at the main cancer research center in Vancouver for a second opinion, he also granted that request.

Today I received two phone calls, one to have my CT scan on March 22 and one to see an Oncologist at the Vancouver Cancer Center on March 28. This is where I will also receive the results of the CT scan. Everything is again falling into place and we thank and praise God for hearing our prayer and giving these blessings.

We also shared with our Oncologist the great blessings of receiving a new born granddaughter the same day we visited him. I asked if he had any children. He looked at us and said no, will you please pray for us that we too will receive children. You could hear in his voice that children were missing in his life and marriage. It shows that even the smartest doctors stand powerless when God speaks, yet we know that we can plead on Gods promises as in John 14: 14 If you ask me anything in my name (Jesus) , I will do it. We promised to pray for him and his wife and he thanked us for that. Please pray for him too so that he may see Gods power and surrender to Christ. This man is a very compassionate and caring doctor.

So we go on with renewed strength, renewed joy and renewed thanksgiving, looking to Jesus Christ each hour of the day. Life’s journey can be difficult at times, but God is with us and he can lift us above the circumstances for our good and blesses us daily with His nearness and grace.

I hope and pray that you also possess the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding; it will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phil 4:7. If you do not have that peace I can tell you that God is ready and willing to give you this peace because His promises are sure. Isaiah 55:3 Incline your ear, and come to me; hear, that your soul may live; and I (God) will make with you an everlasting covenant, my steadfast, sure love for David.

Thank you for those who emailed or took the time to talk and give encouragements. You are a blessing to us.

1Tim 6:12 Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
God bless you.
John

2 comments:

  1. Hugs & prayers going your way. . .

    Bert & Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. will be praying for you and your doctors. thanks for the update and blessings on your expanded family. she is a beautiful baby

    ReplyDelete