2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Saturday 30 June 2012

Be of good cheer

God is good and is giving me much peace in my heart. This morning’s devotion reading was from John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. It is these and other verses that give me much peace because Jesus has overcome the world. If we indeed are born again in Christ Jesus, we too, have overcome the world and that can give reason for much cheer and happiness. If by Faith we can leave our burdens at the feet of Jesus we have much less of a load to carry.

This week more sad news came our way when a dear lady friend whom we have known for a long time through the street and Mission outreach of Ruth and Naomi passed away. After only a very short illness with cancer she left this world leaving a mourning husband and family behind, however, Joanne had spoken of her desire to be with her Saviour Jesus Christ. These moments are sad and difficult for those that she left behind, yet there is joy in Heaven.

I truly feel blessed, blessed for how good I feel and blessed because today is a new day that God has given for us to enjoy. With God’s help, I am going to make to best of it. I also felt blessed this week when again I needed to visit the Vancouver Cancer Centre for more tests. Each patient that walks through the door has a story of its own and is afflicted with some kind of cancer. Some patients carry a load they can barely carry, loads of pain, discomfort and sadness and it makes me wonder if they too bring there needs to Christ, our burden bearer.

I am 16 days into my Chemo Therapy treatments. The first 12 days made me very tired, less appetite and breaking out in an itchy rash. However things have changed, the rash is gone and I am less tired and eat well. Most certainly God is hearing prayer.

On August 7, I will be receiving a CT and Bone Scan to see if the Chemo treatments are helping. The last scan showed lesions in areas like the ribs and others which are suspicious of bone metastases. Please join us as we continue to pray for complete healing because by God all things are possible.

Thank you again for your loving care, messages, cards and love. 
John

1 comment:

  1. Dear John & Henrietta

    Hebrews 4:13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

    What a comfort this can give us that the God we love and serve, and the God Who gave His Son to die for our sins, knows us most perfectly. He knows the path we tread. He knows each tear that falls and He has a heart of compassion for His children.

    It reminds us of a hymn:

    I have a maker
    He formed my heart
    Before even time began
    My life was in his hand

    I have a Father
    He calls me his own
    He'll never leave me
    No matter where I go

    He knows my name
    He knows my every thought
    He sees each tear that falls
    And hears me when I call

    Dear John, keep going forward in this your faith and joy in the Lord for he is a bulwark never failing.

    In our continued thoughts and prayers for your total recovery,

    Love

    Gerrit & Connie

    ReplyDelete