2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Saturday 23 June 2012

My Father's way may twist and turn

This week we were privileged to visit friends who shared a poem with us, I want to share it with you. It touched my heart, and as has happened many times before, God sends His messengers and messages on time and at a time when we need it most.

 “My Father's way may twist and turn,
My heart may throb and ache.
But in my soul I'm glad I know,
He maketh no mistake.

My cherished plans may go astray.
My hopes may fade away,
But still I'll trust my Lord to lead,
For He doth know the way.

Tho' night be dark and it may seem,
That day with never break;
I'll pin my faith, my all in Him,
He maketh no mistake.

There's so much now I cannot see,
My eyesight far too dim;
But come what may I'll simply trust,
And leave it all to Him.

For by and by the mist will lift,
And plain it all He'll make,
Through all the way, tho' dark to me,
He made not one mistake.

― A.M. Overton

Today is week 2 for Chemo treatments. I started last Friday and the side effects showed up the next day when I started to get a very hoarse voice, making it harder to speak. Other side effects have surfaced during the last week like high blood pressure, lack of appetite and fatigue.

Now you may understand a little why the above poem spoke to me so much when it was read to us. As I am going through this period of Clinical Trials of Chemo treatments it also sheds more and more light on my medical condition. I now receive all medical reports by mail and the last results this week show that the cancer continues to spread.

At times I feel like life is a roller coaster that is when I look at the circumstances. When going through trying hours I have to cling to Christ, when I look ahead it looks bleak, but my future is secure with God. Psalm 31: 24 Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the LORD!

We were privileged once again to have our every 3 - 4 week family night where we this time viewed old slides from 30 years ago and times when the family was much younger. It was a good time of laughter and jokes, it is a blessing to come together and look at the past and just to forget about the present for a few hours and just crack up laughing to the point of tears.

Life is good, the family is a blessing and the people that surround us are of great encouragement. Once again thank you so much for your cares, cards, and tokens of love.

Be blessed and be a blessing
John

2 comments:

  1. Strength and a blessed Sunday! Love, John, Jen and fam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though our looks may have changed over the years our love for eachother is still the same.
    Love you Dad and mom.
    Soph

    ReplyDelete