2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Thursday 14 July 2011

"Guide Me O Thou Great Redeemer"

Yesterday was a special day, it was the last day of my Chemo treatments for which I am very thankful because it appears that the Chemo is really building up in my body. It is showing its presence in many different and unpleasant ways and I am ready for a break. God has been so good; I did not lose any weight this time and for that I am very thankful. In the next 10 days important decisions will be made and I ask you if you will join us in prayer that surgery will take place on July 25. On July 21 I will receive a CT scan, if this shows that the Chemo has made an impact on the cancer, surgery will take place to remove my left kidney. If it has not given the desired results I can only place it in God’s capable hands. The beautiful Hymn comes to mind "Guide Me O Thou Great Redeemer" Please take an opportunity to listen to Charlotte Church with with her amazing voice.

The Lord has been an amazing God, giving me a quiet heart for things to come, as the Hymn says “Open now the crystal fountain, whence the healing stream doth flow.” As I go through all of the hoops of seeing doctors and taking my medications I can only look upon Jesus and ask His blessing on it all. I often pray for His healing hands to touch me. It makes me rejoice when I read in the Bible how Jesus healed the lame, sick, cripple and even raised the dead to life again. I know He is almighty and can only pray, Lord touch me and restore me as before.

Lately there are people that have sent me cards with the same text from Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Not only is this my hope and prayer, it is my comfort and trust. It confirms over and over again that I am not alone in this battle, God is faithful.
I will post once more Lord willing next week after my scan. If surgery goes ahead I will give this blog over to Henrietta and my children. They will post on the blog when I am unable too.
Thank you so much for your prayers. God be with you and bless you.
John

1. Guide me, O thou great Jehovah,
pilgrim through this barren land.
I am weak, but thou art mighty;
hold me with thy powerful hand.
Bread of heaven, bread of heaven,
feed me till I want no more;
feed me till I want no more.

2. Open now the crystal fountain,
whence the healing stream doth flow;
let the fire and cloudy pillar
lead me all my journey through.
Strong deliverer, strong deliverer,
be thou still my strength and shield;
be thou still my strength and shield.

3. When I tread the verge of Jordan,
bid my anxious fears subside;
death of death and hell's destruction,
land me safe on Canaan's side.
Songs of praises, songs of praises,
I will ever give to thee;
I will ever give to thee.



2 comments:

  1. Praying for you and your family John~~Would love to share this poem that was given to us when our lil' Luke was diagnosed with leukemia it is soo powerful let me share it with you!
    Step By Step
    He does not lead me year by year~nor even day by day~but step by step my path unfolds' my Lord directs my way!Tomorrows plans I do not know Ionly know this minute! but He will say"this is the way by faith now walk ye in it"and I am glad that it is so ;today is enough to bear! and when tomorrow comes~His grace shall far exceed it's care.What need to worry then or fret?The GOD who gave His Son holds all my moments in His hand and gives them one by one! author unknown

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear John and Henrietta

    You are such an inspiration! God has blessed you with great faith, and incredible trust in Him! Go forward, knowing that many people are praying with you and for you as you go into this next phase of your treatment. Praying for an abundant measure of peace and quiet trust in your Lord and Saviour, and that His all powerful healing strength will heal your body!

    "Thy will be done, in earth as it is in heaven."

    With love Henry and Jenny.

    ReplyDelete