2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Tuesday 5 July 2011

O Lord, teach me Thy way.

The days are going by quickly and there are only 8 days left in my second round of Chemo Therapy. Amazing how quickly time goes by, it is like the Bible says, an ever rolling stream. The last round of Chemo is going better than the first 4 weeks. This time the side effects stayed away longer and are not as severe as the last time, I pray that it will continue to be that way. Although I have been very nauseated throughout this round of Chemo, I have been able to eat and mostly keep my weight on. The Lord is good indeed and is answering prayers.

If surgery is going ahead as planned on July 25 I will need the weight. I have been told that it will be a substantial surgery that it will lay me up for 4 to 6 weeks. There are times when I look up against it but most times I have peace with it. The song I printed below gives me much courage when I have little left. I can’t always express myself the way I feel and in the way the Lord is leading me. I think this song sums it up in every way. May you also be blessed by it.

I know that no matter what happens, my life is in God’s hands, just like your life. The truth is that there is no difference if we are lying on a surgery table or walking in the park, we need the Lords protecting care no matter where we are.

I have just started reading a book by L. Duncan, Fear Not. In this book is a quotation that really has made me think “everybody wants to go to Heaven, but nobody wants to die” Take some time to think about this, are you ready for this journey?

 Please continue to remember us in your prayers that surgery will happen as planned, that the Chemo treatments are working and for courage and strength, also for Henrietta as we will enter into a time where important decisions will be made.
Thank you for your prayers and cares in many different ways                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
John                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Teach me Thy way, O Lord, teach me Thy way!
Thy guiding grace afford, teach me Thy way!
Help me to walk aright, more by faith, less by sight;
Lead me with heav’nly light, teach me Thy way!

 When I am sad at heart, teach me Thy way!
When earthly joys depart, teach me Thy way!
In hours of loneliness, in times of dire distress,
In failure or success, teach me Thy way!

 When doubts and fears arise, teach me Thy way!
When storms o’erspread the skies, teach me Thy way!
Shine through the cloud and rain, through sorrow, toil and pain;
Make Thou my pathway plain, teach me Thy way!

Long as my life shall last, teach me Thy way!
Where’er my lot be cast, teach me Thy way!
Until the race is run, until the journey’s done,
Until the crown is won, teach me Thy way!

4 comments:

  1. What can we really say. We continue to pray for the Lord to graciously hold you near to Himself and give you all you need for day to day moments. We thank Him for making you and keeping you faithful to Himself through these trials and pray your story of grace may ripple through many lives.
    With much love, Steve & Leanne Overduin and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this: "I know that whatever happens, my life is in God's hands, just like your life". so true. and what we all as members of the human race need to be comforted with more often. and what a blessing to live every day in the shine of heaven. sometimes i think we focus so much on the valley of the shadow of death we forget God will be holding our hand through it as He did all the days before it. thanks for the book reference. will be looking it up. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~thanks John for the strength I see in you that only can come from God!!we do know that He does hold us in the palm of His hands and He knows the way we all must take!!Praying that your weight will be right for the surgery in a couple of weeks !God be with you as you go thru this journey may you continue to be at peace!!
    God bless you and Hi and hugs to Henrietta !Esther

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just dropped by looking for God's way for me....
    I speak TOtal Healing for you John. In Jesus name...Amen!

    ReplyDelete