2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Tuesday 26 July 2011

Peace

Today was a hard. There is no other way to explain it. I went with Isla to visit this afternoon.
Dad was doing well and was taking a little nap when I came. Mom said they had him up sitting in the a chair to eat breakfast which tired him out.

Dad looked healthy, with the exception of laying in a hospital gown, with an IV in his arm. If you blocked those things out then you would say my dad looked healthy. Except for the fact that there is cancer in him. I don't know when it's going to become a reality for me. So that's why I say today was hard. There is no other way to explain it.

On the drive home I had a long hard cry. It was like I had all these emotions bottled up in me and they had to come out. So I cried.
Cried because it's hard to watch dad go through this, but still realizing that it's God's plan. 
As I got closer to home I felt a peace in my heart. The peace that is spoken of in Phillipians 4:6-7

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

The peace of God. That is what I felt. The peace that comes only through knowing Christ as your Savior. Knowing that He loves and cares for us and gives us exactly what we need. Both trials and grace to endure them. God is in control, He is sovereign. He is faithful. God will take care of  us.

Thankyou for all your continued prayers for dad and all of us.

In Christ,
Tamara (daughter of John & Henrietta)

2 comments:

  1. Dear all;

    It IS hard! But God is good, He gave you the peace that passes out understanding. He has given it to your dad and mom...so thankful for that. Will keep you all in our prayers, so thankful the surgery went well!

    With love Henry and Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you have Him to lean on. will keep praying for your family

    ♥ michelle v

    ReplyDelete