2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Friday 22 July 2011

O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; For His steadfast love endures forever.

Psalm 118 Speaks of Gods faithfulness and love that endures forever. Again we saw His faithfulness and love in answering prayers. With thankful hearts we can tell you that although yesterday was a very busy day, it was a day where we again saw Gods faithfulness. We visited two hospitals and an Outpatient and Surgery Centre. I went through all the necessary tests and spoke to many people to make final preparations for surgery.

What a great God we serve to take care of me. I see this as an answer to prayer, not just prayers from me, but also from family, friends and blog readers. I can never thank you enough for all these prayers and best wishes I receive. We stand amazed at the outpouring of love and care. Thank you so much.
Lord willing on Monday morning I will undergo surgery to remove the left kidney at Surrey Memorial Hospital. I have been told to expect a 5-7 day hospital stay before going home. I place myself in Gods care; He knows the beginning from the end and the end from the beginning.

Henrietta and our children will be posting daily during my hospital stay. I want to thank you again for your prayers and thank the Lord above all for all His blessings. May the Lord bless you and keep you in His Fatherly care.
John

Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer!
Thy wings shall my petition bear
To Him whose truth and faithfulness
Engage the waiting soul to bless.
And since He bids me seek His face,
Believe His Word and trust His grace,
I’ll cast on Him my every care,
And wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer!

5 comments:

  1. God be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will continue to remember you all in prayer. We also will pray in thanksgiving with you for this gracious answer to prayer. May the Lord bless you richly, Mr. Van Woerden and Mrs. VW and kids and grand kids also. Our hearts are full when we think of you and we thank the Lord for keeping you faithful to Himself and making you a faithful witness to all of us around you. With much love, the O's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God for everything He has done for you!! WOW, what an awesome God we serve!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping your surgery and recovery goes well. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Bill and Patricia Neels

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will be praying for you!! and we are soo grateful that our Great God is faithful in the good times and the difficult times ~may you all find His Peace as you all go thru this season of John's surgery and his recovery!!
    Harry and Esther Fast

    ReplyDelete