2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Saturday 30 July 2011

Home Again

Dad is glad to be home again. So far everything is going well with his recovery from the surgery.  It will be nice to be able to sleep at home and get lots of rest. He is very tired after the trip home.

We are thankful once again that the Lord has provided for dad.  We don't know what the future will hold but so far He has given dad and mom strength to continue every day. These times are so draining on the body but faith has brought us through another week.

We have to carry on with our daily tasks but a large burden lies within. So many questions and thoughts we have about the future for dad. My heart cries every day. Maybe one can't see the tears that I would like to cry but they are there. I pray that God will give me the strength to continue on. To see your parent suffer with illness is very difficult.  Every day is precious and even though I can't see my family every day they are in my thoughts.

Thank you to everyone for your prayers and thoughtfulness. It means alot to us as a family.

I will end with a couple of verses that help me through each day:

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside still waters.
Psalm 23:1, 2

Sophia (daughter)

No comments:

Post a Comment