2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Tuesday 1 January 2013

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord

On December 31, we visited my Oncologist for the last time for 2012. Although he wished me a Happy New year, his message was sobering to say the least. He took a lot of time to explain in a careful and professional way the last CT scan report.

I was told that I needed to make an important decision in regards to treatment. The present course of action, being on a strict diet, will not be adequate and that I should consider Chemotherapy treatments once again. A new trial will be available at the end of January and I should start to think about being part of this study trial.

He openly spoke about the consequences if I let the cancer take its course. Due to the aggressiveness of the cancer I could experience serious effects from the cancer in my spine. The effects being paralysed when the cancer invades the spinal cord and its surroundings. If I would decide against Chemo treatments I would need to start making arrangements in the months to come for home care in the event these side effects would occur. The Oncologist was not too worried about cancer growth that is taking place in other areas at this time. It is the spine that according to him is most urgent at this time. Again he told me that there is no cure for kidney cancer, and even if I would agree to more Chemo treatments it would be only to “buy” more time. This Chemo will have much the same side effects as many other Chemo's with the addition of eye or sight problems. Back or spine surgery is not an option at this time.

As you can understand, this is one of the most difficult decisions I have to make. I am thankful that I do not have to make the decision right now but before the end of January. I need to spend much time in prayer about these matters and pray that an answer will be given. Please join me in this prayer that I will be able to make a wise decision.I rest much in Gods care and provisions. He knows the way and what is best.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

I pray that you will also rest in Christ in this New Year. The world offers no hope; the future lies secure in Christ.

Many people make New Year’s resolutions; may I suggest you pray to be a true follower of Christ Jesus. Paul said “I write these things so that our joy may be complete and full”

One year ago I thought about the year ahead and often I did not think I would see the end of 2012 , yet here we are, another year added but also another year closer to the end, or maybe I should say a year closer to the beginning (of Eternity). Are you ready to meet your Maker or are you just living on as if you will stay here forever?

Please do not wait, we all know of people expected to finish the year  2012 but they did not and died before December 31. If you have not surrendered to Jesus I urge you to do so today because today is the day of Salvation. Give the keys of your heart to God, open your heart as a book, repent and believe on Him and you will be saved by Gods boundless Grace.

I wish you all a most blessed and happy New Year. Remember, if Jesus Christ is not your life, you’re dead.

I can never thank you enough for your prayers for me, the cards, calls and visits are deeply appreciated. Thank you and God bless you. We continue to pray for healing, I know God can and doubt it not. His will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.
John

Another year is dawning, dear Father, let it be
In working or in waiting, another year with Thee.
Another year of progress, another year of praise,
Another year of proving Thy presence all the days.

Another year of mercies, of faithfulness and grace,
Another year of gladness in the shining of Thy face;
Another year of leaning upon Thy loving breast;
Another year of trusting, of quiet, happy rest.

Another year of service, of witness for Thy love,
Another year of training for holier work above.
Another year is dawning, dear Father, let it be
On earth, or else in Heaven, another year for Thee.

Francis R.Havergal.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks John. I pray the LORD will make clear what your decisions should be. Psalm 143:8 - Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you John for your update...what else can we say...Wishing you and Henrietta and family God's richest blessings in whatever way the Lord brings it. May we, His people trust and be obedient in all our ways so that we bring glory to His great and glorious name! Keep looking up and encouraging others, like you have in this trial. With love and prayers, Marty & Adeline

    ReplyDelete