2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Saturday 12 January 2013

He leads me beside still waters

This week has been a good week in many ways. My heart is quiet and I can truly rest in Gods care and blessings. Like Psalm 23 says 1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters.3 He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

I have also had a good week in regards to my condition. The pain and discomfort I had for some time, especially during the night when I turned over, is gone. This is not only a great blessing but I also see it as an answer to prayer. Up to now I have made no decision whether to go back on chemo or not. I am waiting for Gods leading in this and look to Him for the answer.

The weather is just so beautiful, it gives us plenty of opportunity to walk along the river and see Gods beauty in creation. Life is good, God is good and we feel blessed.
I hope you feel the same and please take some quiet time for yourself.

I have a special request. Please pray for a mother from our church family (Marilyn) who professes Christ as her Saviour and is only 33 years old and just 2 weeks ago gave birth to her 5th child. This week she was diagnosed with a serious case of cancer. Only Gods intervention will save her life. Please pray for this young mother her husband Bob and their 5 children.

Here is part of the email I received today from her parents.
We have just spoken to Marilyn on her hospital bed. She is distraught.
They have informed her that the testing last night revealed that she has a different type of cancer in her brain. (Yesterday she was diagnosed with cancer in her liver, uterus and lungs.)
It is even more aggressive and it is harder to treat.
Today they will begin with radiation. They are locating some chemo supply so they can start chemo tomorrow.
Untreated, she would only live another week.
They aren't doing the hysterectomy just now because of the risk of rupturing cancer nodules.
Instead they are going to attempt a scraping strategy. Only if that fails will they do a hysterectomy.


 There is a QUIET PLACE

Far from the rapid pace,
Where God can soothe my troubled mind.
Sheltered by tree and flower,
There in my quiet hour,
With Him, my cares are left behind.
Whether a garden small
Or on a mountain tall
New strength and courage there I find;
Then from this quiet place,
I go prepared to face
A new day with love for all mankind
-Ralph Carmichael-
 
I thank you again for the emails, cards and well wishes. I wish you a blessed day and God bless you.
John.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Dear John and Henrietta

    What a gift peace is! I am so thankful your heart is quiet and peaceful.

    This Sunday morning I was so unsettled, there were so many difficult things to digest and I found it so hard to be still and know that God is God! Then dear Marty preached that wonderful sermon, how he was enabled by the Holy Spirit to bring that message...and my heart became quiet...hearing the voice of God...'I am in control, have faith in Me, trust Me!'

    'Be still and know that I am God.'

    Praise the Lord!

    Love Jenny

    ReplyDelete